Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same..
Rooting Information: Applying this update will not ROOT or void the device. Just in case if you are on the rooted firmware, then after applying this update the device will get un rooted. Caution: Don’t update any other model of Galaxy Note apart from N7000 with this update of ICS.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Note N7000 should be backed up so as to ensure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored easily with the help of below mentioned steps. You can make use of below mentioned steps to back up the data which is highly recommended.
- SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
- Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
- Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card
- APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of .
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
- Procedure to Update Galaxy Note with ICS 4.0.3 XXLPY Firmware:
- Download XXLPY ICS 4.0.3 for Galaxy Note N7000 & Odin for Galaxy Note from here to your computer. Extract the firmware package in your computer and open the Odin in your computer.
- Turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download mode can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, a Warning message will be shown when you need to press the Volume Up key to continue entering the Download Mode.
- Connect your NOTE N7000 to the computer and once connected, you will see that the ID : COM section will turn yellow which will indicate that all the drivers have installed successfully and you are ready to proceed to the next step.
Note: if the ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
- Install the USB Drivers in your computer &Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” &
- Ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “PDA” and select the file which is named as “N7000XXLPY_N7000XALPY_N7000XXLPT_HOME.tar.md5” from the extracted file. Once the file selected, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update.
- As soon as the update is applied successfully, the phone will be restarted. Once you see the home screen, disconnect the phone from the computer. Turn Off your phone so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, a Warning message will be shown when you need to press the Volume Down key to continue entering the Recovery Mode.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
Congratulations, you have now successfully updated the firmware of XXLPY 4.0.3 ICS firmware in your device. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.